Friday and Saturday I started in on my puppy prep. I figured it was time to get some of the necessities for my newest addition to the family before she actually arrives (17 days – but who’s counting?)….
So far I have:
- 3 books on dog training
- A magazine on Yorky puppies
- 2 different packs of pee pads
- A set of stairs for my bed for the puppy (courtesy of my sister)
- A retractable leash
- Dog brush
- Regular leash
- Toenail clippers
- Baby/Dog gate
- A dog pad for the tile floor she will be on when I am gone
- Doggy toothbrush and toothpaste
- About 6 puppy sized toys
- 2 puppy outfits
- Some training treats
- Some wire for my balcony so the puppy won’t fall off (courtesy of my sister)
- Teething toys
- 2 water bowls and a food bowl
- Tray to put the food and water bowls on
My sister is also providing me with:
- Puppy chow
- Some shampoo and conditioner
- A collar
- A toy
- A blanket or bed for the puppy
- The puppy pen they are currently in
- More piddle pads
- Twilight the awesome, beautiful, adorable puppy!
I went by my sister’s house last night and held Twilight twice. The first time she was pretty scared and kept shaking until I wrapped her in her blanky. The puppies are all getting pretty active – but still clumsy. The first girl went to her new home yesterday morning and all the puppies experienced their first bath.
Later in the evening I came back and picked up Twilight again and she crawled up my chest and started licking my face like crazy. Guess she got used to me again.