I love trail running. It is so much more fun that running on boring roads. Today I went for my first fall trail run up Millcreek Canyon on the Pipeline Trail. It was definitely different than running there during the summer.
Some of the neat experiences I had on trails just today included:
- Dodging my running companion Odee (a huge dog) as he kept stopping in front of me
- Snow on the trails
- Mud on the trails
- Puddles on the trails
- Shoes being sucked from the mud on the trails
- A tree across the trail from the last snowstorm
- Dark coming early
- Running with a flashlight and not being able to have my usual depth perception
- Lots of uphills and downhills
- Having to share my water bottle with the dog
- Mud all up and down my legs
How can anyone think that running on a road is as fun as running on a trail?